Fashion 2018

Wednesday 8 November 2017

Kim Kardashian West’s New App Just Made It Possible to Dress Like an Instagram Star



Kim Kardashian West’s New App Just Made It Possible to Dress Like an Instagram Star “I think this is going to be groundbreaking and so exciting for everyone,” Kim Kardashian West said about her latest project, Screenshop, a new app that lets users simply take a screenshot of any piece of fashion and then shop exact or similar items straight from their phone.
“I’m always looking for the next thing in technology,” said Kardashian, who is an adviser to Screenshop. “Just being able to seamlessly convert any screenshot into an instant digital fashion store—the concept of that is just so fascinating.”
Kardashian West speaks from experience, having tried out the app herself for upcoming press appearances and special occasions. “I’ve tested Clueless and old Hollywood movies when I was trying to decide what to do for Halloween,” shared Kardashian West. “I had Marilyn Monroe, Madonna pictures. I would put it in the app and just test it, [and] every time, things came out. It was really fun.”
The fashion plate also has been using the app to find pieces for her upcoming tour to promote her new KKW fragrance line. “I follow so many ’90s Instagrams, and I’m always searching for really simple things. I know that sounds really crazy,” laughed Kardashian West. Some of Kardashian West’s finds so far? “This black dress I’m hoping to wear soon; really simple, thin straps, square neckline. It’s long, to the floor. I’m really into effortless, clean lines.”
As for the fashion that’s available to consumers, partners like Farfetch provide a range in price and size, something Kardashian West appreciates. “I’ve never seen that before,” said the tech mogul. “I obviously want to invest my time in projects that I really think people would want and things I haven’t seen before.”
On that front, Kardashian West is hoping to bring that same ease and convenience to parents shopping for their fashion-forward little ones. “That’s going to be really exciting,” said Kardashian West. “On the back end, we’re looking for many more different retailers [and] to expand more in the kids space soon,” she added, sounding like a seasoned entrepreneur.
Has Kardashian West ever just tested out the app with pics of herself? “Yes! I do it all the time for fun!” she said. “I just did this Yeezy look I was wearing: cream shearling, sweats, a beanie, and sneakers and it pulled up so many sneakers in the same color tone. Not white but not really cream. Like the perfect shade. It pulled up coats, the beanie, and it pulled up the sweats. It was really cool to see.”
The Screenshop app is free to download for iOS in the App Store and to sign up for the Android beta. For more information, visit getscreenshop.com.